Translate

Friday, December 9, 2016

Humility Is Strength

James 1:19-21

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word (God's word of Life through Jesus Christ) planted in you, which can save you.


Good Morning and  Shalom:

I wanted to share some thought to this scripture from a conversation I recently had. First, I want to share , I have been at fault, too many times to count, in opposite of the above scripture. In the past I've been quick to talk, anger and not listen.  What I have learned from my actions in not listening and becoming angry builds a wall of pride. Pride, doesn't allow you to see the truth in the issue you are involved in.

Pride is, what the bible describes, as sin and what happens before destruction. Pride says that your your in control of everything or believe that you are.

I've learned the hard way, that the only real thing I am able to control is my choices. These are the choices that make a difference in your life.  I also realized it is being humble and humility is strength. It is in this, pride, is now de-armed and weakened. You then can become a sponge and really understand what is happening to you and around you. In humility , you will allow God to build HIS righteousness in you and shape you to be like HIM in HIS image. Scriptures state that our righteousness is nothing but filthy rags. But it is his righteousness that brings about His pureness and Holiness.

Jesus said the first shall be last and last shall be first. This was a great picture of this scripture, humility and strength.  

Jesus Christ humbled himself by HIS own free will and gave his life for us. This Gave us victory over sin. Adam gave away his freewill to sin and pride was set into place. The Choice is yours!



Amen

In Service to Yeshua HaMoshiach ( Jesus Christ)
Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment