Translate

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Why I dont Play The Lottery

Matthew 19:23-25Amplified Bible (AMP)

23 Jesus said to His disciples, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, it is difficult for a rich man [who clings to possessions and status as security] to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man [who places his faith in wealth and status] to enter the kingdom of God.” 25 When the disciples heard this, they were completely [a]astonished and bewildered, saying, “Then who can be saved [from the wrath of God]?”

Shalom and Good Evening:

I wanted to share some biblical thoughts with you this evening . Recently , I have heard talk about how large the Lottery was and what would someone do with all that money. Of course most of us, including myself, have thoughts of new cars , paying of bills, new home, fancy vacations etc. the list goes on and on. 

However , I wanted to share this thought and about God, The Kingdom of God, and Faith. I was thinking , after hearing how large the Lottery was, how thankful I am to have all the simple things in my life. I was reflecting that there are so many things that could be worse and I am more then thankful to have my health, my family and friends. I have a job, and all my bills have been paid on time. Of course my vehicle has lots of issues and I could use a new car, but it still gets me around. I have bills and responsibilities that I owe, however, I have been given the opportunity  to work and have all my bills paid and been responsible to pay them. 

The main point to all this is that , all that I have and that I am could change in an instant. everything hangs on a balance of a thread. I am thankful for all the blessings of the Lord and that all these things that are in and around my life have been taken care of. 

I have had plenty of storms, trials and tribulations in my life to be well aware of being thankful of the little and simple things. I am sure the there will be plenty of more storms , trials and tribulations to come , however, I am thankful for the calm and of the peace I have today and now. Not yesterday nor tommorrow but now. 

I have no reason to play a lottery system that removes my faith in God and have it my way. I am sure that having plenty of money can make life a whole lot easier , however, I much raher rely on my faith In God through Yeshua Hamoshiach ( Jesus Christ) to bring me through and to the places I need to be. Its through these tough times that we are taught to wait , hope, pray , lean and rely on God in Christ to get to where we are going. With lots of money at my disposal, it will be my will to use and spend. I know I have made plenty of mistakes in the past and I am sure I will make plenty more in the future, but , I much rather make mistakes being zelous for God in Christ then being Zelous for worldly posesions that do not appreciate the small and little that are huge in my life now. 

I appreciate being able to breath normal, running and biking. I have close family that struggle to do simple things like breathing normal without the use of oxygen and other breathing equipment. Money cannot buy us these things. 

Because I do not have money in the way to buy whatever my heart desires at a whim, I have to rely on God, which in turn makes me realize how much He loves me and us and I rather rely on HIM that anything else. My Father in Heaven supplies all of my needs. Amen!

Have a blessed evening and Shalom!

Avodah
Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment