Translate

Monday, June 5, 2017

The Lottery: What Faith do you have in God?

Psalm 66:16-18


Come and hear, all who fear God,
            And I will tell of what He has done for my soul.

      I cried to Him with my mouth,
            And He was extolled with my tongue.

      If I regard wickedness in my heart,
            The Lord will not hear;......

Good Morning and Shalom:

Some thoughts recently I wanted to share with you especially about gambling and the lottery. 

Several years back during my travels , I used to like to buy lottery tickets from all the places I used to visit. I was always hoping that one day, my numbers would hit, and all my dreams and hopes would be taken care of. 

I realized later on, this type of faith was like how the bible states "chasing after the wind." There were and are never any guarantees for  winning in the lottery. It always became saddining when someone would hit the lottery and all my hopes and dreams seemed to just keep on passing. 

My life was, as it seemed, to reflect this empty hope that has no promises to it. As I started to read the bible and grow in the Lord, I was being taught a new understanding to what hope and faith are and what "Luck" is not.

Luck is not something the bible teaches. The bible teaches that we do live in a circle and God has everything to do with that circle or that bubble. That God is always reaching out to us and trying to get our attention. However, we as people cannot say the same thing back. 

God is teaching about faith in Him and trusting, leaning , and hoping in Him. Things like the Lottery has no place to allow and have any faith and hope in GOD. 

I have heard many people say the same thing, this includes myself, " if I hit the Lottery, I would do this or that." If you listen to this statement in yourself, where does faith and trust and hope of God come into that statement? 

Our walk in this life seems long but truly is a short walk. I have always heard and I often said it, where does the time go? It goes so quickly and my understanding of biblical context and my relationship with YHVH is this, This life is a training ground for our eternal life with GOD. If we make biblical choices and waiting on God, His promises will never return void. Yes , we cannot have it when we want it but he is always on time. With faith in hoping to win the lottery, as a Christ Follower, I would suggest to examine your Heart and see where your true faith is in. 

Our hearts are easily swayed into believing many things, However, God wants our hearts focused in on Him. Many things in this life and world can distract us from holding on steadily on our Faith and Hope in God. However , I assure you this one thing , Money will not be with you always . It cant buy you the peace that God has for you . Also , you cannot trust in Money and also trust in God . 

So think about it , what is your faith in? What is your hopes in? Why is the world so eager for you to buy a lottery ticket? Why are there so many places to gamble and drink? 


Jesus states in Mathew 7:13-14


Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it. 


Truly the road that God leads us on is a harder road to travel because it is so simple. However, this road does not please our sin nature. Wherever you are at right now, looking backward on the path you were on, to looking foward to path you are on, should be some clue to where your heart is , what you hope in, and all the mistakes you ever made that you don't want to repeat again. 

God wants us to lean on Him. Hold onto Him. Trust on Him, in all things , the good , the bad and the ugly. To scream at the top of our lungs if we have to , to cry, to laugh , to sing to worship and even to argue and discuss all the things in our heart with HIM. The Lack of those things with God is the Lack of our Faith in God.


I hope and trust that this may be hopeful and helpful in your walk today in Christ. I pray that your blessed . Amen!

In Service to Yeshua HaMoshiach
JAy




No comments:

Post a Comment